2017 is here- BOOM!! I have so much to share with you- I am literally chomping at the bit.
I haven’t updated the blog since November 22nd- you’ll know if you stop by regularly, I update it far more than that normally! If you’ve followed our social media, you’ll know what a mammoth month December was for us- we had our biggest ever wedding to date, as well as 7 other sizeable weddings to create! As well as all of that, we moved premises and had to manage a temporary workshop move in between whilst the new place was being finished off. Phew!
There was no rest for the wicked over the holidays either, as we finally moved in to the new offices and warehouse, decorating and preparing for our January flower schools kicking off on the 16th! Once everything is finally finished off next week, I will share some images of our new, bigger, shinier, happier place- it’s really rather beautiful, if I do say so myself!
New Year for me is all about reflection, and what a truly phenomenal year it was for my business. Aside from the 70 odd weddings we did, we got up to much much more… Some of it we rounded up here and here, but I had to list it out below- if only for myself to see quite how much we got up to! As ever, thanks to my incredible team- all of you in equal measure for having my back.
- Hampton Court Flower Show, in which our stand design won silver medal
- Annual FFTF meet at Cullompton in January- it’s always great to catch up with everyone, and this year I will be guest speaking at the Birmingham show, for which tickets are now sold out.
- British Flowers Week Cocktail Evening at Riverford Cottage Winchester Canteen, with The Cabinet Rooms
- Appearance on ITV’s Lady C and the Castle
- Featured on Channel 4’s The Billion Pound Flower Market- what an amazing boost that was for my business
- Trip to Ireland to explore botanical illustration, with Petal Studio
- Visit to Green & Gorgeous to spend a day with Jo Flowers
- I hosted my first 5-day Career Course, and have become firm friends with these beautiful ladies ever since
- I visited America and the Emerald Isle for the first time, the former for pleasure and latter for work/ a jolly!
- We completed about 70 weddings, with our biggest one EVER in December in which we stopped actual traffic with the flowers, and the police were called to see what all the crowds were for!!
- We were made a preferred supplier to Barnsley House
- Featured in English Home in 4-part series
- We were featured in Assoulines book of Art & Flowers, across 3 pages- what an honour!!
- We travelled to France to meet Angel & Dick Strawbridge, of Channel 4’s ‘Escape to the Chateau’
- I guest tutored at Flower School Glasgow
- We were interviewed by BBC Radio Solent, as part of British Flowers week- I’d forgot about that one!!
- I taught about 135 florists, at my own Flower School, which continued to be a roaring success
- We moved premises, into a much bigger, better and shinier new space- but more on that soon!
Here’s a few images from some of our winter weddings, and the last of 2016…
Here are also some of my fave images of my 2016 work- not all pro shots, but they sum up my fave weddings to a T!
Much love to you all for the year ahead, and I look forward to getting back to blogging and catching up with you all.